Nail Technician/ Artist Role
1999 House of Nails is seeking passionate and enthusiastic Nail Technicians/Artists to join our growing team. We are located in the beautiful Phillipstown, just a stone's throw from Christchurch CBD.
The success of our business is built on two things 1) Long-lasting & Beautiful nails and 2) Great customer service. Each nail session is an opportunity to make a memorable impression, so we’re looking for someone that can provide both stunning work and hospitable services.
One-on-one instruction and induction with our team will be offered. You’ll be working one-on-one with clients in private spaces, so it’s important that you’re comfortable with small talk and can make them feel at ease.This role is full-time (minimum 30, up to 40 hours), overtime shifts are available based on business needs. Our opening hours are between 9am and 7pm, Monday - Saturday.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Carrying out nail and beauty services including gel mani/pedi, gel extension, dipping powder, gel builder.
- Decorating and designing on clients’ nails (nail art)
- End of day records and stockage
- Build relationships and bring new clients
- Booking Client Appointments
- Massaging clients' hands and feet
- Providing advice on beauty care and relevant treatments and product selling
The ideal candidate will have:
Nail technical skill
- Skill in Gel Polish Manicures and Pedicures, Nail Extensions and basic Nail Arts
- Dipping Powder and Advanced Nail Arts Design skills are desirable
- Adopt a perfectionist attitude and perform each treatment to their highest ability
- Follow nail safety protocols, including instrument and equipment sanitation
- Can perform hand and foot massages
- Deeply care about clients and want to make them feel at home
- Strong communication skills and comfortable with one-on-one conversations
- Fluent in English and ability to connect with people in other cultures
- Proactive and can work under minimum supervision
- Energetic with a positive can-do attitude.
- Willing to step up to challenges and make and effort to meet them
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on skill level and outcome of your work
- Work with an enthusiastic and passionate team of nail technicians & artists
- Training and upskilling in areas you want to develop further
To apply, send your CV and 15-20 photos of your best work to email@example.com. Please send an application tailored to this position that speaks to us. Introduce yourself to us as a colleague. Most importantly, send us the best photos of your work.